This blog post is regarding assigning new licenses in vSphere 6 environment.
First thing is to add the vCenter and ESXi licenses in vSphere web client, for this:
– Log in to vSphere web client using administrator account.
-In the left pane, click Administration and click Licenses.
– In the middle pane, click the Licenses tab, in the middle pane, click the plus sign to create new licenses.
– In the text box on the Enter license keys page, enter the license keys one per line, and click next.
– On the Edit license names page, enter the new license names for vCenter Server and Enterprise Plus in the License Name dialog boxes and click Next.
On the Ready to complete page, click Finish.
Now that we have added the licenses to vCenter , its time to assign the vCenter server and ESXi host licenses.
Assign vCenter Server license key to the vCenter Server instance.
– In the middle pane, click the Assets tab, Click the vCenter Server systems tab and click the Assign License link.
– In the Assign License dialog box, select the vCenter Server license key.
– Click OK
Assign the vSphere Enterprise Plus Edition 6 license key to the ESXi host.
– In the center pane, click the Hosts tab and click the Assign License link.
In the Assign License dialog box, select the vSphere Enterprise Plus Edition 6 license key
I hope the post was helpful . keep learning and sharing 🙂